Get Involved: Membership Information
Memberships. As a local nonprofit organization, the SLRA needs members to help support the operation of the SLRA. Your financial contribution is important and serves the efforts of our work.
To become a member please print and mail the membership form (pdf file) to the address on the form.
SLRA members and volunteers can serve the river and its communities through participating in meetings, activities and events.
Volunteer efforts help in many ways!
* Meet and work with people who care about the environment.
* Serve on a committee
* Educate yourself and others.
* Participate in meetings, workshops and field trips.
* Practice your leadership and communication skills.
* Get involved in environmental monitoring.
* Encourage environmental stewardship.
* Improve an important river system.
* Make a difference!
Serve on the Board of Directors. The business of the organization is overseen by the board of directors who are elected by the membership. The board consist of 15 members, who serve three year terms.
New board members are sought in late fall. Anyone interested in serving on the board may request an application. The Nominating Committee interviews all potential board members and then recommends a slate to the membership. Members are sent ballots that are then counted and the results announced at the annual meeting.
Board meetings are held every other month and all board members also serve on at least one committee or work group.
Meet our current Board members.